Exceptional Big Data & Cloud Customers Honored in 2017 Talend Data Masters Awards
Winners Including AIG,
"Navigating a digital transformation is no easy feat, and a company
can't truly realize its full benefits without sound vision, strong
leadership and an iron-clad partnership between business and IT," said
Data Masters winners are judged using a range of criteria including creativity and innovation, project scope and complexity, designing new big data use cases, as well as overall business value achieved. This year's Talend Data Masters recipients include:
Grand Prize Winners
Customer Intimacy – In a high volume/low latency environment,
Paddy Power Betfairis betting on a big data, cloud-based architecture to provide employees with consistent, high-quality data insights across brands, products and channels, to deliver the best online sports betting experience available.
- Humanitarian – Save the Children UK (STUK) prepares for and responds to humanitarian emergencies caused by natural disasters, disease outbreaks and armed conflict. To comply with government regulations requiring it to be transparent in how it manages data and spends funds, STUK relies on Talend to ensure the information they have on each donor is as accurate to meet GDPR regulatory compliance and to make sure donors know where their money is going and keep giving.
Innovation Cloud – The
University of Pennsylvania, an Ivy Leagueresearch institute with 24,960 students, embarked on a digital transformation to make premier-quality, higher education available and accessible to all students regardless of financial need. The department of Information Systems and Computing worked with Talend to re-design a cloud-based Online Giving application that makes it easier for loyal alumni to stay in touch with the University and contribute to the advancement of the next generation of learners.
Class Limited– Class develops powerful software for Australia'swealth accounting sector. The company moved from Talend open source to a commercial license to improve its data governance, security, and redundancy capabilities. In addition to improving operations, Class' management has self-service data capabilities allowing Management reports to be produced daily by executives, without the need for assistance from the IT department. What once took several weeks now takes just a few days.
Johnson Controls– This diversified technology and multi-industrial company has built a global data lake to create unified views of products, suppliers, build of materials, and a number of other business areas.
Agricole Consumer Finance with
Accenture– To be even more competitive and compliant, Credit Agricolehas built a big data platform to introduce innovative projects, like website KPIs monitoring usage, 360-degree customer vision and real-time capabilities on social media loans subscription.
Carhartt, Inc.– To better understand, connect with and inspire loyalty from each customer, clothing manufacturer and retailer Carhartt, Inc., tied its disparate data sources together in record time. Having a unified view of all customer interactions across its multi-channel environment helps Carhartt ensure seamless delivery of top-notch customer service, regardless of where goods are purchased – online, in-store or through retail partners.
- HERMES Arzneimittel – In a very highly regulated environment, Hermes Arzneimittel deployed a data lake based on Hadoop for continuous monitoring ("Ongoing Process Verification") of drug manufacturing processes fulfilling pharma regulatory requirements and beyond.
– Worldwide insurance giant
American International Group, Inc.(AIG) is creating a digital marketplace that is scalable, can be hosted on any cloud or hybrid eco-system and supports the customer experience via multiple portals, mobile applications and real-time communications. Information from the marketplace will facilitate timely decisions through data analytics and data science, as well as the provisioning of data to internal and external consumers.
- Beachbody – This worldwide fitness, nutrition, and weight-loss programs provider wanted to better target customers by leveraging purchase and behavioral data. Using big data lake technology powered by the AWS cloud, Beachbody enhanced its analytics architecture. It then made the cloud data lake accessible via a self-service portal, providing employees access to a wide range of information—from website activity to call center records, sales and financial transactions—so they can effectively improve the overall customer experience.
Best Systems Integrator
- Capgemini with Michelin - Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services. With the Hubble project, Capgemini helped Michelin quickly enhance its mobility offering with new services for its customers.
Best Value-Added Reseller
- JEMS datafactory with SMAG - JEMS datafactory is a leading professional services company, with expertise in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. JEMS worked with SMAG, a leader in IS for Agriculture. Together, they have built a big data predictive modeling system for agro-industrial sectors to optimize harvesting plans, fertilization schedules, phytosanitary treatments, and storage of grains.
In addition to recognizing the 12 companies above, this year Talend also celebrated several individuals who had a significant impact on their organization by demonstrating exceptional vision and leadership in transforming data into a strategic asset for more intelligent business decision making. The honored individuals include:
Prashaant Huria, VP of IT, Enabling Units, GPPS and GMA at
- François Avédian, Operations Director at MonPortailRH.
Tobias Baumgart, Leading expert on platform architecture at Conrad Electronic DE.
Denis Bourdon, CEO at April Technologies with our VAR partner Keyrus.
The 2017 Talend Data Masters winners are using a variety of Talend solutions and partner technologies to achieve their digital transformation goals, including Talend Big Data, Talend Real-Time Big Data, Talend Integration Cloud, Talend Data Integration, etc. To learn more about Talend and its complete portfolio of solutions visit www.talend.com. Additional details on each of the Data Masters Award winners can be found here.
Like this story? Tweet this: @
Chris Taylor, 408-674-1238
VP, Corp. Communications,