Talend Boosts Business Agility Using the Cloud, Accelerating Time-to-Insight 3x
Fall ’17 Release of Talend Integration Cloud Includes Self-Service Data Preparation Application that Empowers Business Users with Insight While Centrally Controlling and Protecting Data
“Data is the new ‘oil’ that fuels businesses today. To effectively
advance business objectives and become truly data-driven, companies must
empower all members of the organization to access, qualify, analyze and
apply information to their daily job functions,” said
Across all industries, intensely data-driven companies are changing the rules of competition. A recent survey showed that an actively engaged workforce drives 15 percent more profitability, is 30 percent more productive, and has 12 percent higher customer engagement. Talend Data Preparation Cloud makes it easier for companies to engage their entire workforce with self-service access to reliable, accurate information, so employees can shape relationships with customers, partners and key stakeholders to advance the business.
“Talend Data Preparation Cloud has a very clean, easy to use interface,
which allows us to get value out of our enterprise data much faster. The
visualizations are key for us and will allow us to analyze data and
return it to our customers quickly. We also love that it’s cloud based,
so no servers to maintain and it just works,” said
Talend Data Preparation Cloud: Run by the Business, Operationalized by IT
Talend Data Preparation Cloud is a governed, on-demand, data preparation application–with nothing to install, upgrade or maintain–that can be up and running in seconds. For line-of-business professionals, the Talend Data Preparation Cloud allows them to:
- Have self-service access to any data source
- Get trusted information for use in their daily activities
- Collaborate with peers on data preparations
- Access sanctioned data coming from SaaS apps, cloud databases, or on-premises sources
- Mask sensitive data from specific parties
- Share their data preparations with IT so they can be operationalized across the enterprise.
For IT professionals, Talend Data Preparation Cloud allows them to:
- Instantaneously deliver an intuitive, web-based tool that enables business users to access, cleanse, analyze and utilize enterprise data
- Empower their line-of-business counterparts with greater insight so they can do their jobs better
- Manage role-based access to enterprise information
- Oversee data quality and governance policies, so they can maintain the accuracy and security of enterprise information
- Operationalize user preparations at enterprise scale
- Concentrate on more pressing IT operational needs because Talend Data Preparation Cloud is fully managed by Talend.
“We already had a positive experience with the Desktop version of Talend
Data Preparation, which enabled our users to quickly explore, cleanse,
and analyze large volumes of data. So, moving to the enterprise,
cloud-based version made sense to scale our return,” said
Accelerating Time-to-Insight 3X
Talend Data Preparation Cloud accelerates time-to-insight by improving access to information across three different dimensions: time needed to access information, time spent preparing data, and time spent in exchanges with IT on datasets.
From a business user perspective, Talend Data Preparation Cloud:
- Shrinks the time needed to access a qualified dataset by making it accessible via web-based application, eliminating the need for multiple exchanges with IT
- Reduces the time it takes to prepare data for analysis thanks to an intuitive user interface with guided steps for cleansing, qualifying, etc.
From an IT perspective, Talend Data Preparation Cloud:
- Optimizes time-to-delivery by eliminating the back-and-forth design cycles between central IT and the business, which speeds project completion.
“Most companies know, at least anecdotally, that poor quality data
wastes time, increases costs, weakens decision making, angers customers,
and makes it more difficult to execute any sort of data strategy,” said
The Fall ’17 release of Talend Integration Cloud also introduces new features to enhance the customer experience such as:
- Portal-based access to all role-based applications including Talend Data Preparation Cloud
- A new management console with improved user interface
- A Job Execution API with new and updated operations for starting and enumerating jobs
- Cloud-based version of Talend Studio Project Management and Project Authorization using Source Control (Git) to help extend product capabilities to teams.
To learn more about the full capabilities and benefits of the Fall ‘17
version of Talend Integration Cloud and Talend Data Preparation Cloud,
customers can register for one of the live webinars, “New for Fall
’17: Data Preparation Cloud,” on
Like this story? Tweet this: New #Fall ’17 release of Talend Data Fabric increases business agility with self-service data preparation in the Cloud http://bit.ly/1NFMQ5l